[Imc] WILL program

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Wed Jan 17 20:50:07 UTC 2001

greetings, comrades, friends, fellow IMC-istas:

one note:  about a year ago, i spoke with Jason Croft--individually,
before our IMC got up and at 'em--about providing content to "Sidetrack".
he said WILL had no funding to reimburse content providers.  At that time,
I told him thanks but no thanks,--I would need a wage to make it happen.

Obviously, the IMC as a group is in a different position now than I was as
a "solo artist" a year ago, and my experience might not apply at all...

Point simply being, has anyone asked about the money?  I think we should
be paid AFTRA union scale for our work,...eventually.  someday.  don't you
all?

paulkotheimer:)

****Note below: Here's what <www.aftra.com/whatis.html> says:********

The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) is a
national labor union affiliated with the AFL-CIO. Its headquarters are in
New York City and there are 36 local offices throughout the country.
AFTRA represents its members in four major areas: 1) news and
broadcasting; 2) entertainment programming; 3) the recording business;
and, 4) commercials and non-broadcast, industrial, educational media.
AFTRA's 80,000 members are seen or heard on television, radio and sound
recordings and include actors, announcers, news broadcasters, singers
(including royalty artists and background singers), dancers,
sportscasters, disc jockeys, talk show hosts and others. Talent payments
under AFTRA contracts are over $1 billion a year.