[Imc] WILL program

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 17 20:22:01 UTC 2001

I think it sounds great.  We should encourage him to become a member of IMC
and the news collective.  Alliances with other organizations are good, but
I think whenever possible we should get people involved so that the
relationship is not one of provider (IMC) and client, but more like we're
truly working cooperatively.

It may be difficult or unrealistic for WILL, as institution, or even Jay
Pearce to become full members--but that will, necessarily, limit the nature
of the relationship between IMC and WILL.  It will be more difficult for us
to cooperate as equals.

It's fine to offer IMC content for people's programs on WILL, WEFT or any
other noncomm station, but I think overall it's in everyone's best interest
for us to work as collective equals as much as possible.

Is there a reason why Jason wouldn't want or be able to do some interviews
at the open house?

--Paul