[Imc] Twin-cities IMC does print!

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 22 09:52:10 UTC 2001

I think this should be some encouragement for us to make an effort to break
out of what they call the "silicon tower."  I suggest a special
journal/pamphlet on labor issues, using our reportage on the Staley trial
and Dave Johnson, for starters.

Here's the details... (from main IMC
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=19197)

The Twin Cities IMC has broken out of the Silicon Tower with the Free
Press, a newspaper that aims to "liberate media in the Twin Cities". The
Free Press will be distributed primarily in low-income neighborhoods less
likely to have internet access.
Topics in this issue include police brutality, sweatshops, the
corporatization of public education, Green Party politics, an interview
with Stephanie Autumn (ex-wife of Leonard Peltier, and an activist for his
cause), and a story about infiltrating a recruitment dinner for the Philip
Morris marketing department.
Out-of-towners can view/download PDFs of the paper, or recieve a hard-copy
in the mail by sending $2 to the Twin Cities IMC | PO Box 13414 |
Minneapolis MN 55414-5414.
For more information, visit the Twin Cities IMC at
http://twincities.indymedia.org.
The name "Free Press" is a shout-out of admiration to the "LA Free Press",
which published in the 1970's and was revived by the LA-IMC during the
Democratic National Convention.