[Imc] IMC Organization -- continued discussion

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 24 03:59:16 UTC 2001

At last Sunday's meeting we began discussions on how to organize the IMC
using the proposal that Ellen and I wrote as a starting point.  We made no
decisions at the meeting, and one reason was because not all the "core
group" were there and we would like the discussion to be as broad as
possible.  Also, last week was a busy one, and therefore not everyone had
the time to adequately read and review the proposal which was sent out the
middle of last week.

Therefore we decided to take up discussion again at Sunday's meeting, under
Peter's facilitation.  Please take this time to read over the proposal--if
you haven't already--or re-read it if you have already.

I sent the proposal as an attachment to the list last week, and it is
posted to the following website: http://www.mediageek.org/imc/proposal.html
  If you'd like to be sent another copy, please e-mail me.

If you have additions, changes or deletions you would like to suggest,
please send them to me via e-mail by Friday and I will try to integrate
these suggestions for Sunday, helping to streamline our discussion.

A core thing we want to try and decide soon is what form the Sunday meeting
and the core group that meets then will take.  Our proposal suggests that
this become a "Steering Group" meeting taking care of decisions that are
larger than any given working group.  It would be good if we could come to
a collective agreement on accepting this proposal, with any consensus changes.

Molly suggested that it would be helpful if each of us think about what we
want to do at these Sunday group meetings.  If you have ideas, please send
them to her this week, so that she can compile them for Sunday.

Thanks,

Paul