[Imc] Monsanto on campus tomorrow - anyone want to report on it?

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Wed Jan 24 22:08:23 UTC 2001

 I would very much like to cover this talk.
 I will need to leave it in time to get to a class which starts at 5:30.
 Anybody else also want to report?
Can I use the minidisc player and a minidisc track to record it?
I'll stop by the IMC this evening to ask.

:)
sehvilla
your friendly GMO reporter

"...Monsanto's own tests showed increased levels of mastitis, a painful
udder infection, in cows injected with rBGH. According to food safety
experts, increased levels of mastitis would force farmers to use more
antibiotics, which would be more likely to contaminate the cows' milk.
rBGH milk would also spoil faster because it contains more bacteria and
has a higher "somatic cell count" (translated into layman's language, this
means that the milk contains "more pus").
                            from "Toxic Sludge is Good For You"