[Imc] 4th of July parade

nancy dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Mon Jul 2 21:43:12 UTC 2001

Hi, everyone.  Here is the latest schedule for all the Green Party
goings-on related to the parade:

Tuesday, evening, July 3rd:  (I will send out the actual time after
talking to Laurel):   meet at Laurel Prussing's to make signs:  2034
Burlison, Urbana.  She has old election yard signs we can use the backs
of to make our signs.  We are using green markers on the white signs, so
if you have any green markers please bring them.  We will also be
stapling the signs to wooden stakes left from the Nader campaign, so if
any of you have any sitting in your garage, please bring them.

If you aren't going to the sign-making party and plan on making your own
signs, please try to use green marker on white cardboard to help us look
more cohesive.

Wednesday, July 4th, 12:30pm:  Meet at 702 W. California, Urbana (corner
of Coler & California).  This is Milt Epstein's home, and he has
generously offered to let us meet there for "parade headquarters."
Thanks also go to Thomas Schmidt, who offered his home as well, but lives
a couple of blocks away.  Anyway, meet at Milt's wearing a green shirt,
if possible.  Bring your sign, wear good walking shoes, a hat (green, if
possible:-) ), and bring sunscreen.  Milt will have water, coffee, &
restroom facilities (whew!), and he's also offered to get bagles.  I
would also recommend bringing a  sandwich to eat or eating a pretty big
meal beforehand, since the parade starts at 1pm & we have to march a
couple of miles.  So we're looking at about 2-2 1/2 hours outside during
lunch hours.

Afterwards, Laurel is has generously offered to host a picnic for our
cadre of marchers, same address as above, immediately after the parade.

There's been some question on what to do afterwards since we won't end up
in the same location as where we started.  Other than hoofing it, I
really don't have any bright ideas, so if anyone else has any, please
send to the list.

hope to see you Wednesday!
Nancy
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!