[Imc] Donation PSA

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:43:50 UTC 2001

This is in regard to a PSA that Omar wrote to have read on WEFT asking for
donations.

I think the PSA is excellent.  Though too long.

The PSAs that get selected to be read are entirely chosen by the
airshifters, after they get put in the rotaion box.  I see no reason that
this shouldn't get put in the box.  The only problem I think WEFTies will
have with it, is that they didn't think of it themselves... and would
probably like to be using it as a way to fund raise for WEFT.

I have rewrote it taking out parts that I though were unnecessary to cut
down on length.
Repeating/adding that the IMC is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization and
that your donation is completely tax deductable.

I have added some names - that will probably make it more "friendly" to the
airshifters. (fellow WEFTies whose names they are at least familar with.)

Just suggestions.

Good job Omar. You are awesome.
Sandra Ahten

Donate Your Three to the IMC!
The Independent Media Center is a local non-profit organization that helps
ordinary
citizens to become journalists, and an invaluable resource for anyone who
knows that
the mainstream media isn't telling us the half of it.

They are asking for your support as they start a local newspaper and produce
radio news.

George W. and Dick Cheney think that $300 tax refunds can buy your support
for their administration. That's a hundred dollars each for big
corporations, big
energy, and big tobacco.

That's pretty cheap!

Is $300 enough to buy your passive acceptance of an administration that
values the profits of HMOs, pharmaceutical companies, and nuclear plants
over your  health and that of your children?

If not, give Your Three to the IMC! Donate all or part of your refund to an
organization that helps you
fight back. The IMC is a 501 c-3 organization and your donation is entirely
tax deductible.

If you have any questions you can call or write to Paul Riijsmandel, Peter
Miller, or Sandra Ahten at 217-344-8820 or ______ at _________.  Send your
donations to the IMC at 218, N. Main Street. Urbana IL 61801.

And check us out on the Web, at urbana.indymedia.org, for more information
on
how you can get involved.
That's Urbana-dot-I-N-D-Y-media-dot-O-R-G.