[Imc] RE: Noam Chomsky Quote

Ellen Knutson knutson at shout.net
Sat Jul 14 00:42:42 UTC 2001

The quote is actually from Berhard Cohen and is from his book The Press and
Foriegn Policy published in 1963.

Here is the actual quote, I actually saw it with my own eyes this evening,
in the actual book: "It [the press] may not be successful much of the time
in telling people what to think, but it is stunningly successful in telling
its readers what think about." (p. 13)

Ellen
Your friendly radical librarian