[Imc] Headlines as voiceovers?

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 6 03:11:08 UTC 2001

hi mark

would you be interested in finding another headline-reader to join you in
the booth at WEFT at 6PM?  a good script will be provided to you, i
promise.

if not, then i suggest: let's play it by ear for now, and see what happens
over the weekend.  i have the following things already scripted, voiced
over, and sequenced in multi-track:

IMC THEME
INTRO MUSIC
INTRO SCRIPT (i.e. the first minute-and-ten, up to the cue for the
headlines)

MID-POINT SCRIPT
MARIA SILVA STATION I.D.
SET UP for FEATURE PRE-INTERVIEW (2 minutes in the middle)

KEYNOTE SET-UP
KEYNOTE ADDRESS (38 mins.)
OUTRO SCRIPT (i.e. the final 40 minutes of the broadcast)

this leaves 10-15 minutes for headlines and a focus piece, and (at this
point) i was thinking of there NOT being time for music or PSA's, but the
tide on that could change.

more soon,
paulkotheimer:)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Mark Enslin wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Paul Kotheimer wrote:
>
> > thank you mark.  you're it.
> >
> > would you prefer to record headlines at the IMC in advance or read them
> > live on WEFT during the top 5 minutes of the hour?
>
> reading live is fine by me, and I assume frees up recording editing time
> for, say somebody's focus piece.
>
> If, on the other hand, YOU want to try prerecording everything as an
> experiment in how it could go, I'm willing. I'll be in Chicago all day
> Saturday.
>
> Did you happen to hear the show last night?
> --mark

THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com

c/o the School for Designing a Society