[Imc] finance notes 6-13

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at eudoramail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:28:17 UTC 2001

Finance Group Meeting
June 13, 2001

Agenda:
Minidisk retail
501(c)3
grantwriting
fee waiver
update from the Greens account
sliding scale for movies

Minidisk retail:

We will be selling minidisks at the IMC and need to determine prices for general public, for IMC members, and for the news collective.

Sell minidisks to news collective at the wholesale price or at some cut above wholesale, taken out of the news collective budget?? Rationale for selling above wholesale: some minidisks will be lost or incompletely recorded, so charging news collective slightly more than cost will cover these inefficiencies.
Rationale for not charging more: not want to make a profit from the news collective, and inefficiencies can't be able to get rid of.  Rebuttal: if minidisks are slightly more expensive, they will be used more efficiently, and to make the budget balance, we will need to up the price to cover lost minidisks.  Consensus was reached on selling to the news collective at slightly over cost to cover losses.

Pricing can't be finalized until we know if shipping and handling is charged.  Assuming no shipping and handling charges, retail prices will be $2.33 ($2.50 after tax) for 1-5 mini disks and $1.86 ($2 after tax) for 6 or more mini disks.  The news collective will pay $1.63 (or $1.75 after tax) per disk out of its budget.

501(c)(3)
We got it!!! Now we can apply for grants.  If interested, come to the grantwriters meeting on Monday, June 18th at 6pm at the IMC.

Also, we need a techie to put our application on the website in pdf format.  It's really long!

Grantwriting:
Pauline researched a lot of grants.  She will color code and present them at the next grantwriting meeting, which will be held on Monday, June 18th , 6 pm

Fee Waiver
An individual approached a finance working group member about a fee waiver.  The finance group needs a membership form filled out to know what criteria to consider in the decision.

Update from the Greens account
Greens can't afford IMCspace rental fees are too high. They are looking into other spaces. A pass the hat option is also available to groups who can't afford to meet at the regular rates.  Hope is that no group is turned away, but some money is paid to the IMC to support the space.  Greens will still be paying membership fee and for Nader space

Sliding scale for movies (carryover from space)
Movie nights will be on  a sliding scale donation of $2-$7. (when they begin