[Imc] sergei

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Sat Jun 30 18:10:29 UTC 2001

sergei's audio drive crashed.  i think i've been able to recover all the
files and get the drive working properly again.  if you keep getting an
error message (meaning, if the same error message keeps popping onto the
screen more than once), contact someone (my phone number is 384-9305).
what happened was that someone kept getting an error message saying the
audio drive was having problems writing. after seven warnings, the drive
finally gave up and crashed.  listen to the warnings, that's what their
for!

so, recovered files can be found in the imc-current projects folder in a
folder called recovered files.   if you're missing a file (or folder!)
check there.  if you're still missing a file, contact me.  more than
likely it's gone, unless it's been backed up.

also, please please please write down any problems sergei has (even if you
don't know what it means).  i once had a pad of paper which was labeled
for reporting errors.  however, that pad quickly got used for radio
projects.  so either, we try it again, and this time people leave it alone
except for error reporting, or else we just leave messages on or around
sergei reporting problems as specifically as possible.

while i'm listing desires, when paper for the printer runs out, please
leave a note for me.  i can get more free from various locations.  scrap
paper only lasts so long, before we run out.

let me know of any problems with the audio drive.  i think i've got it
back working, but who knows.

thanks.

brian