[Imc] Call for local proposals

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 25 19:14:30 UTC 2001

Hey, WEFTies and IMCers!

Once again the WEFT Programming Committee is looking for proposals to fill
the Monday "Friday Forum" slot (6-7pm Mondays) through September 10th while
the "Friday Forum" is on hiatus.

This is the second round of requests for proposals.  The first round - to
fill slots from May through July -- was granted to the Urbana-Champaign Indy
Media Center.  The IMC has successfully filled the hour with local news and
public affairs during a program they call the "IMC News Hour" (in case you
haven't been listening, they've been doing a great job!).

As usual, this round of proposals is open to everyone. Traditionally, the
"Friday Forum" slot has been filled with public affairs programming, but the
Programming Committee will consider all proposals.  If there's a
pre-produced program from somewhere else that you'd like us to air, we will
consider that, too.  (For example, last year we aired a series on Feminisms
- at the request of a WEFTie -  produced by Rutgers University).

To submit a proposal, please send an email to me that includes the following
information:

Your name, email and phone, proposed show title, proposed airdate(s)(must be
one of the open FF slots listed below), description of proposed show, why
proposed program is a good idea, your affiliation with WEFT, and your
volunteer commitment (if you have one).

Open Friday Forum slots are:

8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27, 9/3 (Labor Day), and 9/10.

Please submit proposals by July 6th.  Once a proposal is submitted, you will
be invited to a July PC meeting to discuss your idea with the Committee.

Thanks much!

Kimberlie
PC Member, Outside Programming Liaison