[Imc] sergei and video

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Tue Jun 26 03:35:08 UTC 2001

so, sergei's video drive is fillin up fast (not surprising).  however,
some files have been sitting on sergei for a very long time.

request:  unless you are working on a project, please do not archive it on
sergei.  we currently don't have a format capable of archiving such huge
files.  so, here's my recommendation....once you've completed a project,
make the video either by exporting it as an .avi, .rm, .mov., or by
printing it to tape.  then save the original video tapes (so we still have
the original source material).  then delete all files from sergei.

some files currently slated for deletion:  the nader talk, some clips from
Quebec, iv (inner voices), walmart, and a bunch of temp files.  if i don't
hear from folks by saturday, then these are being removed.

unfortunately, until we get a dvd burner (on the horizon for sergei),
storing large size files is really difficult.  any suggestions are
welcomed.

thanks,
brian