[Imc] Needed: IMC Print Defined

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 29 16:04:59 UTC 2001

Since I haven't seen any minutes from IMC print meetings recently, I'm
unsure if the allocation of space to different sections/focus areas has
been defined, as was promised. It is going to be necessary, prior to the
July 5 deadline, to have this done. This is a purely practical matter
that should not at this point still be outstanding, assuming you don't
want a real mess of conflicting demands for the available space next
Thursday. I will not have time for a marathon four-hour meeting to
resolve such isses.

Needed in one form of another:
length of column, defined as either total words or as column inches,
with column width defined
designated font size to be used (or range of acceptable font sizes, if
variable)

Also, please note:
I know at the go-round of prospective editors, there seemed to be a
clear consensus among the group about a need to minimize additional
meetings. While I can understand the need for a group to meet weekly to
ensure the mechanics of getting a paper out, I think there was a failure
to appreciate what many of us who are already over-committed in many
directions were saying.

If I had attended last night's meeting, it would have been my sixth
IMC-related meeting this week. This is simply an untenable schedule,
which I am trying to get under control for my own sanity and well-being.
It's not that I don't consider the Print project to be important; it is.
It's just that if you desire my participation, it will have to be on
terms that I can manage.

And I can't manage any more meetings, with the possible exception of
deadline meetings, where either my co-editor OR I will attend. If this
is not going to work for you, the only alternative that I have is to
step aside so that you can find someone who is a little less tapped-out,
in terms of time, than myself.
Mike Lehman