[Imc] Tech Report for Sunday

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 9 07:59:47 UTC 2001

Unfortunately Zach and I, the empowered spokes for Tech, got our schedules
messed up and neither of us will be at Sunday's meeting.  We both apologize
for the inconvenience.  Although since I don't think we have any decisions
planned for this coming meeting, I don't think this is a huge problem.

In our absence I submit the following report from Tech, which maps out some
of the tasks ahead of us, prioritizing them and puting them into a calendar.

The tasks which we picked a date for are listed in order by date.  These
dates should be viewed as tentative, so please speak up if you think things
should be moved.

IMC-Tech duties for March:
Wed, 3/14 6:00ish - try to install electrical outlet in network closet
Wed, 3/21, 6:00 pm -- Network clean-up.  Fix some hanging cables in the
basement,
	build some shelves in the network closet and get hub and router properly
	installed in there.
Sat, 3/24, time TBA, -- Set up computers we get from Prairienet -- install
OS, configure,
	check/troubleshoot/swap hardware, connect to network.
Wed, 3/28 6:00pm --Discuss non-computer/network tech issues, including:
recording
	equipment (MD, tape recorders, camcorders), putting together trainings &
	instructions, other similar issues.
Sat., 3/31 time TBA -- Linux server day: put together two linux boxes, one
as an
	Internet firewall and another as an audio/backup server.

The following items are not yet scheduled:
--A/V wiring final planning, prep and installation.
--Fixing & updating website software
--Planning classes/workshops on administrating the IMC website

Everyone is invited to lend a hand with these things. We will put out a
general call for help on the bigger tasks.

--Paul