[Imc] TONIGHT: "Globalization & Its Discontents"

brent john mcdonald bjmcdona at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:43:13 UTC 2001

I haven't been to news meetings lately, and so don't know what news is
on the agenda, but I just encountered information on a lecture tonight
that may be of particular interest.

"Globalization & Its Discontents," a lecture by the two-time Pulitzer
Prize winning author and long-time NY-Times foreign affairs columnist,
TOM FRIEDMAN, will happen tonight at 7:30pm at 112 Gregory Hall, 810 S.
Wright Street.  The lecture will address cultural, political and economic
consequences of globalization.

I will be in class during this time, but if someone can and wants to
attend this important talk, please try to get a recording on Minidisc.

Best,
Brent