[Imc] Reporter needed--arrests

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Wed May 2 17:25:14 UTC 2001

  Ben Emerick and I are planning to report on Tim and Laura's hearing.

Sehvilla - anlyzstrlz at advancenet.net
_______________________

"...But aren't these fears [about the safety of Monsanto's new technology]
just that -- fears without evidence? The problem is that Monsanto has a
record...The company manufactured virtually all the PCBs in the United
States until they were finally banned in 1976, and taxpayers are still
shelling out to clean up PCB-riddled waste sites. Monsanto also
manufactured Agent Orange, which is linked to cancer and reproductive
problems in Vietnam War vets. And the company makes pesticides, which
contaminate ground water. According to the Environmental Protection
Agency, Monsanto is a "potentially responsible party" at 93 Superfund
sites. In other words, this is a company that has put its faith in
technology before without bothering to properly research the consequences
[or to deal with them - editor]".
                       -- Molly Ivins, "Let's Go Back to Maroon
                          Bluebonnets", Jan. 4th, 1999
www.purefood.org/monlink.html