[Imc] Call for submissions and reviews

Jason Pitzl jpitzl at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 03:23:26 UTC 2001

C/U Art, a local non-profit group dedicated to providing informational and
networking opportunitys to artists working with visual media here in the
greater Champaign/Urbana area is seeking story and review submissions.

C/U Art has been in existance for a little over a year now and is slowly
growing into a truly useful resource for local artists. We already provide
an interactive message board, e-mail list, links to current arts coverage
and a rotating spotlight on local artist hangings.

As we all know coverage of local fine-arts is C/U is slim to say the least.
The News Gazette hasn't published a story about visual media since last
year, (not counting Ebert's Overlooked Ego Fest) and coverage in other local
media is spotty.

I am sending out an open-ended call for articles and reviews pertaining to
the visual arts in C/U.

Guidlines:

Subject: Prefer stories highlighting actual local artists, visiting and out
of town shows are not our focus, we want to support creative individuals who
actually do something here. Artist profiles, reviews of local shows,
openings, and issues that directly concern local artists are preferred.

PR: All your stories will be linked from the front page to its own page on
the site, stories with accompanying pictures run a greater chance of making
the "cover" of the site for that particular story cycle.

Length: All these stories will be on the web, so keep in mind the
constraints of the medium.

Credit/Ownership: Stories remain the copyright of the author, C/U Art makes
no claims on your work and you may be a free or restricted with its
publishing as you like. All stories will be credited to the author and any
organization you happen to be affiliated with (ie IMC)

Misc: Bad-mouthing and gossip is a no-no, if it is an opinion piece please
mark it as such, C/U Art generally stays away from cinema related stories as
that is usually better and more widely covered elsewhere.
C/U Art reserves the right to refuse to publish anything it darn well wants
pilgrim.

If any questions, or to send submissions feel free to e-mail me.

Jason Pitzl
C/U Art
http://www.prairienet.org/cuart