[Imc] Peotone airport rally and parade

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Thu May 10 22:37:56 UTC 2001

Finally, the long-awaited email about the rally in Peotone...

Peotone is a small, rural community off of I-57, south of Chicago. There
is a plan to build a commercial airport in the middle of their town to
service the metro chicago area. Local residents are vociferously opposed
to the idea, as they see it bringing pollution to their farms, and urban
sprawl and development to their rural way of life. This will be the
biggest action to date, they expect a few thousand. it is quite a hot
issue in Chicago these days, but also affects all off us who care about
open space, family farms, local control, and wise land use. I've spoken to
organizers and they would love to have creative folks up there to shake it
up. I may go to do audio, I'd love for other folks to come - let me
know !!! !!!!!
 The group, STAND, also publishes a newsletter that I'll drop off @ the
IMC.

***************
***************
Peotone
No Airport! Yes Farmland! Yes Open Space!
Parade & Rally

PARADE
Saturday, May 12, noon
Parade starts at Peotone Elementary, 426 N. Conrad, Peotone
Go west on Crawford Ave. off of Route 50 and turn right to school.
Arrive early!

RALLY
Rally at Peotone High School, May 12th, 1pm
Music/Speakers/Food/Information

"This rally is not just to protest the imposition of landbanking for
this unwanted airport, but also to celebrate our communities, our
farms, our homes, our fields, our animals, our neighbors, and the
wonderful livability we all enjoy."

Sponsored by STAND (Shut This Airport Nightmare Down)
For more info: STAND - 847-483-1095 or rural_stand at hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/S_T_A_N_D/