[Imc] PRINT MEDIA MEETING TOMORROW (THURSDAY 6:30 p.m.)

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Wed May 16 15:34:34 UTC 2001

Folks keep asking me about the print media group.  We'll be having our
third meeting this Thursday, May 18th at 6:30 p.m. at the IMC.  All are
welcome to attend.

Our agenda is currently being drafted, here is what I have so far:

We are entering the final stages of setting concrete actions for folks to
take to get the IMC's print media up and running by mid-summer.  Thus, this
meeting will focus on actionable items and each small group will focus on
the next steps to achieve this goal:

1. Introductions
         a. revised vision/mission statement for the print media group

2. Updates since last meeting

3. Split into focus groups
         a.  editorial policy
         b.  vision/mission group
         c.  funding & distribution
         d.  layout
         e.  others (?)

4. Report back progress/next steps for each group to take to move print
media forward

5. "Homework" for groups and individuals

6. Plan next meeting

If you have anything you would like to add to the agenda, please let me
know ASAP.  See you Thursday at 6:30.

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC