[Imc] The Fridge & Freezer Report

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue May 22 23:50:10 UTC 2001

Nancy,
The suggestion was to not get the extended warranty at all, but if we
did, it would be from Dick van Dyke if we bought there. Theirs seems to
be good from what I've heard. It goes for seven years at no extra
charge, but requires a $40 payment if needed i.e. you don't pay for it
unless you need it. It's not actually free, since you pay about $18 more
for the appliance upfront. Due to the low cost of the unit, I think we
should just go forward with the cheaper Best Buy freezer and take our
chnances on ever needing a repair. I believe both units were the same
manufacturer, but I don't recall the name.
Mike Lehman

nancy dietrich wrote:

> Mike-
> FYI- I know 2 people who purchased extended warrenties from Best Buy and
> something happened to their appliance & Best Buy didn't honor the
> warranty.  So if we want an extended warrenty (which I've always heard
> aren't worth the extra $ anyway) I suggest not getting it from Best Buy.
>
> On Tue, 22 May 2001 15:47:28 -0500 Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net>
SNIP