[Imc] re: fridges

Jacqueline Waters waters at soltec.net
Wed May 23 12:58:43 UTC 2001

Hello again -

1)  Prepackaged food that is non-perishable can be housed any way you please
(pop, etc.) but perishable items, pre-packaged or not, is suppose to be in
up-to-code appliances.  I'm not saying this isn't broken all the time and
that we necessarily need to decide to comply with this, I was just pointing
it out.  I recently finished health code training and have worked with a
health code agent on these issues at my workplace.  My workplace is in
Savoy, same county, so I believe the same rules apply, but I will no claim
certainty on that.  As I said, I was just sharing the information.  Do what
you will with that.

As for your reply about locally owned, I also will not drag this list into
discussing personal politics and how I feel about the ones you expressed.
What I will call to attention is

1)  I offered the phone numbers of serveral localy owned possibilities if I
was e-mailed.  They carry new and used appliances.
2)  I did not say we had to buy from a locally owned establishment, I was
asking why it had not been looked into.

As for not meaning to be insulting, the condicending tone came very close to
being.  Obviously I did not mean getting a system made locally, as that is
not possible, but you insisted in making it sound like I did and outlining
how rediculous that would be, therefore attempting to make my beliefs look
ridiculous when I simply asked a question.  Putting your disclaimer at the
end of a response bordering on rude doesn't change that.  I don't agree that
the tone you took was helpful or productive to converstation or coming to a
decision in any way and I thought that was kind of the point of this list
and of the IMC.  Of course we don't all agree on politics and issues but a
repectful tone and not making assumptions about my politics and beliefs
doesn't seem an unreasonable request.  Once again, maybe I am in error.

As for putting your time and energy where your mouth is, I have other
responsibilities that cannot be put aside on the night space meets but if
you had decided to take me up on my offer of local phone numbers I would
have happily followed up with an offer to make the calls and to check with
the health code office to see if the facts I was taught at heath code
training was accurate and applied in Urbana.  Unfortunately, you decided to
belittle my concerns first instead of entering into a brief discussion with
me.

Jacqueline Waters