[Imc] cd burnin on mother jones

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Thu Nov 22 04:04:34 UTC 2001

i've been trying to solve the mystery of why the cd burner on mother jones
doesn' burn cd's when in any account that's not an administrator account.
in my attempts, one thing i tried was deleting the "audio" account and
reestablishing it.  all the files are still there.  however, be warned,
settings all reverted to their original settings (thus you might get a lot
of welcome, here's how to use this program wizards and the such).  if
something doesn't work the way it used to, let me know how it worked for
you and what it's doing now, and i'll try to put the settings back to how
you were used to them.  sorry about the inconvenience.  i will figure out
what's going on (with both the cd burner and the locking up of the
machine).  just give me time.

if you absolutely need to burn a cd before this is solved, burn it on
sergei.  i recommend highly that you move all the files you want to burn
onto sergei from mother jones first (else the network connection might
cause problems with the burning, as it has done many times in the past).
just remember to remove them from sergei when done (actually, you should
also remove them from mother jones by making a data cd backup of your
files, else mother jones faces the same fate as sergei, a filled up hard
drive)

thanks,
brian