[Imc] Is It Just Me?

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Mon Nov 26 04:46:44 UTC 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:00:21PM -0600, Mike Lehman wrote:
> Is it just me (and Earthlink)? I've been trying to access our IMC and
> various others in the domain indymedia.org for the last hour and I keep
> getting the "unable to locate" error message.

None of the authoritative dns servers for indymedia.org are responding
to requests.  They are however pingable and a connection can be made
to port 53 (the dns port.)  Since all three servers are acting the
same way, and they are geographically separated, the paranoid freak in
me suggests it could be a DoS attack.  I'd give it some time before
getting worried though.

				-Clint