[Imc] London protests

Peter Miller peterm at shout.net
Mon Oct 8 16:39:37 UTC 2001

This begins shortly  Be sure to consult the London IMC for info about
what's happening.

http://uk.indymedia.org/

-Peter

>From: Globalise Resistance Office <office at resist.org.uk>
>To: Guy Taylor <guytaylor2001 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: The Attacks Begin
>Date: Sun, Oct 7, 2001, 7:20 PM
>
>The attacks have begun (approx one and a half hours ago). Bush and Blair
>have been quite explicit about declaring war on Afghanistan. They brag
>about using missile firing submarines, the fact the electricity in Kabul
>has gone down and that countries who are not with us are for terrorism.
>
>Doesn't sound much like surgical strikes from here. The fact of the matter
>is that Bush has stirred up one of the most volatile areas on the planet,
>that thousands of ordinary Afghans are facing certain death.
>
>As I write, people are travelling to Downing Street to protest about the
>start of this war.
>
>The main protest, however, is
>

>MONDAY 8 OCTOBER
>

>6pm
>

>TRAFALGAR SQUARE
>
>I'M SURE YOU WILL NOT NEED PLEADING WITH TO ATTEND, HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT
>FORGET TO FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, TO
>MOOBILISE EVERYONE FROM YOUR WORKPLACE OR COLLEGE AND MAKE TOMORROW'S DEMO
>A HUGE REJECTION OF THE WARMONGERING OF OUR 'LEADERS'.
>
>Peace!
>
>Guy Taylor
>for Globalise Resistance
>
>The following e-mail will detail actions in other parts of the country

Peter Miller, co-host
The Illinois Labor Hour, Saturdays 11 a.m. - noon
WEFT 90.1 FM
113 N. Market St.
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 359-9338 (WEFT) / (217) 367-1336 (h) / (217) 337-5174 (w)
peterm at shout.net