[Imc] two-faced mass media

Gotsch Tim bowednotbeaten at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 19:44:06 UTC 2001

Hi all.  In case you haven't heard, the major media
networks will not be airing footage of Osama bin Laden
from the Al-Jazeera news service in Qatar.  This flies
in the face of a story I ran across at
http://news.excite.com/news/r/011012/05/television-aljazeera
 I wonder how execs at mass media networks can live
with themselves?  Also, regarding the quashing of bin
Laden/Al-Jazeera footage--I checked the WTO site just
now.  It appears as if the WTO Ministerial Conference
on November 9-13 is still on.  Funny how Qatar has
become a mecca (pun intended) of activity.  Peace.

Tim Gotsch

=====
"What a piece of work is a man and how easily his conscience
betrays him.  He listens to the voice of duty and what he
hears is the license of passion."
--Thomas Mann, "The Magic Mountain"
"Technology and laws need to go hand-in-hand to preserve
privacy and liberty."
--Simson Garfinkel, "Database Nation"