[Imc] two-faced mass media

Chas. M. Bee c-bee1 at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 15 19:25:31 UTC 2001

Gotsch Tim wrote:

> Hi all.  In case you haven't heard, the major media
> networks will not be airing footage of Osama bin Laden
> from the Al-Jazeera news service in Qatar.  This flies
> in the face of a story I ran across at
> http://news.excite.com/news/r/011012/05/television-aljazeera
>  I wonder how execs at mass media networks can live
> with themselves?

   I think if I was in that unenviable position, I would have little
choice but to quiet my inner small, still voice with the assurances from
the feds that they have evidence of his past use of such statements to
transmit non-contextual data to his agents.

   Given even the remote possibility of such a thing, I should think
that the ghosts of 5,000 innocent civilian dead might guide my hand.  -- CMB