[Imc] Talk on the US military, etc.

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Wed Oct 31 15:06:53 UTC 2001

John,

I submit that the "motherfuckers" are neither "evil," nor "moronic,"
but benighted. I hesitate to say "benighted," because I think that it
is a word whose connotations are chillingly condescending and snide. I
will qualify it by saying that some of those benighted motherfuckers are,
at bottom, generous and fair people.

I second Jason Pitzl's remarks regarding the "prescient minority."

Dave

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 09:20:30AM -0600, John Wason wrote:

> This is a pretty cogent analysis, Carl.  Unfortunately, even though YOU have
> learned something from history, you're condemned to repeat it right along
> with all the other moronic, evil motherfuckers who either (a) learned
> nothing, or (b) learned the wrong things.  It's hell being prescient and in
> such a tiny minority, isn't it?
>
> John

David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933