[Imc] print group meeting notes: 2 Sep 2001

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Tue Sep 4 16:51:02 UTC 2001

Publishing this issue
---------------------

The print quality was poor. It was a lot better last time. Darrin was
disappointed. Because we respect Darrin's enormous volunteer contribution
and his concern for quality, we decide with him on Tuesday the 4th
whether we re-print. We still distribute a fraction of what we already
have at the Parade on Labor Day.

Story ideas & prospects
-----------------------

Brent / media: Rose Marschak (sp?) on the local music scene and labels.

Rob: Suggested a story on Patch Adams talking about a holistic approach
     to discipline at Cunningham Children's Home; also, a story on
     Rev. Karen Bush @ United Church of Christ.

Dave Madden: Thinking about a story on NORML (marijuana laws reform group),
             because a state group is organizing, and so is a local
             group. < 500 words.  Chef Ra may write it.

Paul Mueth /
human rights:  Paul is in touch with a refugee from Guatemala, a
               member of the the UNRG (Guatemalan political
               party). Possibly he will write a story for
               the October/November issue.

               Also, a local who visited Guatemala w/ Jessica Pupovac
               may write. (There was some question whether a Guatemala
               story was "local" enough. Responses: because it is a
               local's first-hand experience, it is "local." Also,
               locals are interested.)

               Rob suggested a Chief article for human rights
               section. John Wason asks how it would differ from the
               Octopus' recent article.

               Pitch your human rights ideas to me, says Paul. Someone
               suggests universal health care.

Paul Mueth /
media:         Paul suggests articles by Dan Schiller, Robert McChesney.

We still need editors.

John Wason is interested in writing a column on landmark Supreme Court
decisions affecting your civil rights.

Someone suggests we reserve space for a last-minute blurb on the protests
at the IMF/World Bank meeting in Washington, D.C.

--
David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933