[Imc] Steering Group Minutes 9/4/01

Aaron Koonsman koonsman at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 4 21:08:56 UTC 2001

Steering Group Minutes 9/4/01
Recorded by Aaron Koonsman

Present at the meeting:
Mike L., James, Ellen, Sascha, Mark W., Paul R., Brian, Mike, Aaron

Library:
Several new members have joined the group. The new meeting time will be 8pm
on Tuesdays.

Space:
There is a new staff desk which will aid in organization and storage of IMC
documents.

Print:
Will be discussing whether or not we will be staying with our current
printer and what we will be doing with the current public i's (distribute
or reprint)

Tech:
Website software has been upgraded. There are some problems which have led
the tech group to consider getting ahold of new software. One possibility
is slash code. Wednesday's meeting will focus on audio and video.

News:
Good group of people working on news. There is now a new archiving audio
box. The Serige manul has been redone.

Finance:
Amy Fry will be helping with finance. We are currently in good standing
with money. Ellen and Paul will be writing up a model document for
sustaining funders.

-Old Business-

Website:
Appropriate use statement still to be written.

Coop Teach in:
Takes place next Saturday the 8th from 1-3 at the IMC. Teach in  will cover
what Coops are and why you would want to participate in them.

DC Caravan:
Meetings will take place every tuesday at 6:00pm. Teach ins will follow.
Any help with the caravan would be appreciated. Home support is thinking of
organizing seperately.

The Steering Group has decided that the IMC will only be sending
journalists to cover the IMF and have follow up teach ins.

Regional IMC Conference:
October 20th is the proposed date.

Garage Sale:
Saturday 8th from 8-4. All proceeds will go into the general IMC fund.
Assistance is being requested for Friday and Saturday. Items are being
collected now.

-New Business-

Flies:
We will be purchasing fly paper to remedy the problem