[Imc] prep for the DC fundraiser

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:00:54 UTC 2001

Hi all.

There's a couple of things that need to be done before the fundraiser for
the trip to DC at the end of the month.

1. We need volunteers to drop into WEFT shows this week to promote the trip
and the fundraiser, briefly explaining the following information:

-A group of 20 or more from the UCIMC and/or the Urbana Community is going
to the demonstrations against the World Bank and International Monetary Fund
on September 29th and 30th.

- In order to do reporting and protest we need to raise money for
transport, housing and supplies. Our goal is to raise at least $150 per
person.

- We are having a fundraiser at the Independent Media Center
               Friday, September 14th, 7-9pm
               218 West Main Street
                Downtown Urbana
               Suggested cover at the door $5-12

- Paul Kotheimer will perform, Maiko Covington will talk about why people
are going to DC, Radical Cheerleaders will make an appearance, and more
(I'll send out the agenda asap)...

-The following shows could be dropped in on, or the host could announce the
fundraiser themselves:

Sat 8th 9am Higher Ground JOhn Lee Johnson
        10am News from Neptune Carl Estabrook
        11am Labor Hour, Peter Miller, Bill Gorell
        8-10pm We're only in it for the music- Dave Witzany

Sun 9th 10am Radio Girl -Sehvilla Mann
        1pm Women Making Waves

Wed 8-10 Ecclectic Seizures/ Excuse Me Mister
           William Gillespie/Zach and Arun

Thurs 6-9am Breakfast of Champions with Seth and Andy

If you need contact information for the hosts, send me an email.

2. Also, we need 2-3 people to volunteer to set up and clean up before and
after the fundraiser.  Can anyone come at 6pm, or leave at 10pm?

Thanks, Pauline