[Imc] forum about Sept 11 events

laura gwen haber l-haber at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 12 19:57:32 UTC 2001

I would like to organize a forum about the Sept 11 events (do we have a
pithy name for it yet?) to be held at Allen Hall next week.

I envision that this forum would give some background to the events, put
them in the context of US foreign policy, and talk about some possible
future implications for US society and foreign policy. Or something like
that. And, I would require that it be accessible to U of I undergraduates.
So it should not assume a lot of prior knowledge.

Of course, it would be open to the public (and we've got a lot of space
here.)

Would anyone like to help me with this? Does anyone have any
suggestions for speakers or other possible components of the forum?

-Laura Haber
Assistant Director of Unit One
l-haber at uiuc.edu
244-2317