[Imc] FWD: you can't believe everything you see...

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 15 04:08:31 UTC 2001

I've spent some time combing through some global, chicago, and israel
IMC pieces as well as various other news sources.  It seems like it is
true that at least a handful of Palestinians were celebrating.  If not,
at least several Arabs in the Middle East were interviewed and found to
be unsympathetic.  Here's a MSNBC video:
http://www.msnbc.com/m/mw/mw.asp?s=&t=V&id=nn_fletcher_telaviv_010911&ad=&c=&lk=&lku=&name=cover

There was even an article in the Jersualem Post written by what seems
to be a Muslim indicating the same.

Regardless, what hasn't been emphasized is that this is an overwhelming
minority of Palestinians, including Yasser Arafat.

Arun

Mike Lehman writes:
> ames,
> I've read a number of posts about this on global IMC. I think at the
> moment it can't be determined whether this is true or not. Until we can
> get the tapes side by side, there won't be conclusive evidence.
> Mike Lehman
>
> jacobs wrote:
> >
> > Hey all, I'm starting to get posts like the one below. I'm not sure of its
> > origin or validity (someone posted it to another list that I read) but it
> > somehow doesn't surprise me. Has anyone else heard of CNN using old footage
> ?
> > If so, it's truly despicable.

Arun Bhalla