[Imc] FWD: you can't believe everything you see...

Travas Gunnell travas_imc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 10:14:45 UTC 2001

--- jacobs <jacobs at students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hey all, I'm starting to get posts like the one
> below. I'm not sure of its
> origin or validity (someone posted it to another
> list that I read) but it
> somehow doesn't surprise me. Has anyone else heard
> of CNN using old footage?
> If so, it's truly despicable.
>
> James Jacobs
>

> >Thu
> >Sep 13 '01     CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of
> celebrating Palistinians to
> >manipulate you...

You might like to read this: Go to Counterpunch
(http://www.counterpunch.org) and click on "Recycled
Tape Charge Baseless".

-Travas

PATRIOTISM, n. 1) The inability to distinguish between
the government and one's "country"; 2) A highly
praiseworthy virtue characterized by the desire to
dominate and kill; 3) A feeling of exultation
experienced when contemplating heaps of charred
"enemy" corpses; 4) The first, last, and perennial
refuge of scoundrels.

PATRIOT, n. A dangerous tool of the powers that be. A
herd member who compensates for lack of self-respect
by indentifying with an abstraction. An enemy of
individual freedom. A fancier of the rich, satisfying
flavor of boot leather.

-- from The American Heretic's Dictionary edited by
Chaz Bufe (See Sharp Press)