[Imc] FWD: you can't believe everything you see...

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 15:42:23 UTC 2001

Travas,
I want to note that the link provides a story that is simply CNN's
denial that the charge is true. The only independent support for this
position is the link to an article in The Jerusalem Post, which seems to
be rather biased against the Palestinians itself.

This is not to say that the original charge is now true, but I don't
think this proves that it wasn't true either.

I think the jury's still out on this one.

I think what is the more important part of this story, assuming the tape
was NOT faked, is the fact that a news organization like CNN knows both
that those photographed only represent themselves, not the Palestinian
people as a whole, but they chose to run the tape in such a way as to
portray ALL Palestinians as feeling this way about the tragedy. That
itself was sick and perverted and the issue of whether it was faked or
not actually distracts from their distasteful and propagandistic
decision to use the tape at all.
Mike Lehman