[Imc] Teach In on Afghanistan

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Mon Apr 1 15:25:21 UTC 2002

Hello, friends. Here is information about a 'teach-in', sponsored by
AWARE, but attempting to draw in the entire community---thus we don't call
it a 'teach-in' but a community symposium, and we're hosting it at Urbana
Middle School, instead of at a more 'progressive-reputed' campus place.

Please come, and please tell friends/neighbors about it.(lots of pleases).

This is the third teach-in that we've organized; the others were friendly,
well-attended, very interesting. This one promises to be so, also.

Susan Parenti

PLEASE ANNOUNCE

             THE WAR AS LIVED AT HOME--A COMMUNITY SYMPOSIUM

The "War at Home" will be the focus of a community symposium at the
Urbana Middle School, this upcoming Friday, April 5, 7-10pm, and Saturday,
April 6, 9am--6pm.

 Americans were profoundly shaken by the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and the
war that followed. But most have never had the opportunity to discuss the
impact
of these terrorist attacks, and the fears they have for the future.  Now a
local group called the Champaign-Urbana Community Forum is offering that
opportunity.

On Friday, April 5, the event opens with video clips and a discussion with
Wayne Weiss, a director for the History Channel who has worked with the
Pentagon.  Saturday, April 6 features a day of discussion and debate on
topics including media coverage of the war, Israeli security versus
Palestinian rights, and religious and humanistic views on war. A wide
variety of speakers from opposite ends of the political spectrum will
encourage participants to form their own opinions, and active
discussion is welcome.

All events will be held on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6 at the
Urbana Middle School.

The event is free and open to the public. Child care is provided.

For more information,
contact Carin at 337-5364.