[Imc] public i - some heartening feedback

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Apr 1 11:24:22 UTC 2002

Just thought I'd share a bit of encouraging feedback I got last night at the
AWARE meeting from Susan Parenti.  I hope I'm relating it accurately.

In a discussion we ended up getting into about the power of words (or lack
thereof) in changing human behavior, Susan related some portion of a
conversation she had recently with Kimberly Kranich, who is affiliated in
some capacity (Outreach Coordinator?) with WILL.  According to Kim, the
public i - and in particular the public i's ongoing critiques of mainstream
media ownership and biases - has caused WILL to reassess to some degree its
role in the community, to try to become more sensitive or responsive to
community issues and needs.

So kudos to Brent, to Bob McChesney, and to everyone who has played an
indispensable role in making the public i a vital community resource.

John