[Imc] another edition of the Public i?

Maiko Covington mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 27 21:25:06 UTC 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Sandra Ahten wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea about how to put some fire into the public i?  Does
> it start with firing the current editors?
>
> OH my did I get your attention?
>
> Most people I know can't get through an edition of the public i.  I don't
> know why it is so f'ing boring... but it is.  It's about as boring as the
> meetings are.
>
> When people talk to me about it... they always apologize for what they are
> about to say... so they don't hurt my feelings.
>
> I thought it was just me.  But others say zzzzzz too.

        I realize I'm coming to this mail QUITE late in the game, but I
don't find the paper boring at all. It has information in it, and articles
that take longer than 3 minutes to read, both of which I feel are Good Things.

        Can't talk about the meetings yet, but hoping I might find time to
make that change :)

        Maiko Covington