[Imc] Renewing the Anarchist Tradition Conference

sarah elzbieta kanouse kanouse at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 2 17:05:19 UTC 2002

I mentioned this event to several folks when I got back from the Institute
for Social Ecology's Arts, Media, Activism program.  Turns out, I'm not
going to be able to go this year, but it would be wonderful if  other
Urbana-ites could go, learn, teach.

--Sarah

Renewing the Anarchist Tradition
(http://www.homemadejam.org/renew/)
Thursday, August 15 through midday Sunday, August, 18, 2002

An annual scholarly conference in which to both reexamine and reinvigorate
the social and political tradition of anarchism. At its best, anarchism
has carved out the ethical high ground at key historical moments in its
critique of and alternative visions to new forms of domination. Today's
transformed world is greatly in need of such a shaking up. But this
demands a new generation of anarchist theorists to add rigor to a utopian
tradition frequently shaped by practice and propaganda. This conference is
a part of that project, as well as the larger struggle to build a free
society. Location: Institute for Social Ecology Plainfield, Vermont, USA
For further information contact: John Petrovato (jpetrovato at hotmail.com)
or Cindy Milstein (CBMilstein at aol.com) or our web site
(http://www.homemadejam.org/renew/).