[Imc] Steering Group Minutes (8/4/02):

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Aug 4 18:10:03 UTC 2002

August 4, 2002 Steering Group Minutes:

Present:  Paul R., Brian H., Cope C., Mike L., Peter M., Dan L., Mike W.,
Sascha M.

Space:  meeting this week.  Toilet may be having problems.  Mike L. will
take a look at it.

Print:  lots of new people; is being proofread right now.  Input from
other working groups is requested.

Finance: still running a deficit -- is getting serious.

Radio: NO SPOKE!

Tech: Still waiting to switch to DaDa.

UNITY PRINCIPLES:  Sascha M. proposes that we _explicitly_ adopt the
Global Principles of Unity since we were founded before they existed.
Passed by consensus barring objections from Radio News Group.

CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Paul R. & Paul K. produced a conflict resolution.
Friendly ammendment made:  "In the interest of avoiding conflicts of
interest, it is recommended that advocates not be active members of the
working group where the conflict exists.  Advocates should be familiar
with the IMC structure and operations."  Conflict resolution system passes
with Paul R. & friendly ammendment added.  Paul R. will put the conflict
resolution system out over the IMC list and on the website.  NEXT STEP:
we are looking for volunteers to populate the mediator list.  Thus
far, Michelle Garcia, Cope Cumpston, and Paul Riismandel have volunteered
and were accepted by the Steering Group.

WEBSITE ATTACKS: someone is spamming our newswire; tech has solved the
problem.  Talk with tech group members to learn more.

CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: Sascha M. is organizing a capital campaign committee and
invites people to work on other aspects of raising funding for buying a
building.  Mike L. wants a capital-omometer in the space.  People need to
step forward to do fundraising, grant-writing, etc.  Sascha is looking for
donors to get us started.  $100,000 by April (or bust)!

Announcements:  WE NEED A CD PLAYER (or two) for the IMC SPACE -- if you
have an extra one (or would like to buy a cheap one for the IMC, we
certainly could use it).

Respectfully submitted,

--Sascha Meinrath