[Imc] Steering Notes, 8/25

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun Aug 25 18:34:24 UTC 2002

Attending: Sascha, Mike L. (facilitating), Clint (note-taking), Brian,
Dan, Amy.

Missing spokes: Print, Librarians (on hiatus, coming back soon we hope)

Working group meetings:

Finance: Things going well, though still running a deficit.  Mailings
to funders have resulted in renewals (yay Paul R.!)

Shows: Small meeting, ill attended, discussed art space.  See notes.

Radio News: Still doing shows, could really use volunteers.

Space: Exit light fixerd.  Mike will get a new tile for the empty
space over the sink.  Thinking about moving space meetings to Sunday.

Tech: Discussed dada, which should be done by Wednesday.  A new
computer is being donated to replace the dead public access computer.

Website use.  Spammer is starting to slow down, though still there.
SF was attacked with similar tactics, and Francis Boyle recently came
under attack as well.  There is a wired story on that, and a potential
radio-news story for us.

Art proposal: Next week we'll make a decision.  Most concerns have
been adressed.  $200 estimate on building a wall to separate kitchen
space from art space.

Quad Day:  Too late to get space, but any flyers given to Clint will
make it onto the IDF/Co-op table.

Haunted House:  Consensus that it will be a pain to coordinate with
running shows, but that we want to do it anyway.  It will be Oct
30/31st, with a week of setup beforehand.

Membership meeting:  We know that a date was set at one point, but we
don't remember the date, and we're hoping Ellen reminds us :)  Ellen?

Regional Gathering:  The second annual midwest regional IMC gathering
will be happening the weekend of Oct. 19th.  Volunteers needed; please
contact Sascha.