[Imc] Back-Back Room -- workday was a huge success.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 2 21:18:10 UTC 2002

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to thank everyone who showed up to help clean up the
room behind the current IMC -- over a dozen IMC-istas came out to lend a
hand.  We managed not only to move out everything from the room, but we
also were able to disconnect the electricity and tear down the dividing
wall that split the room.  In fact, with a few more workdays like today's
we should have the new space entirely finished by early March!!!

We've made a huge amount of headway towards getting the space into usable
condition.  To keep the momentum going and get this new performance venue
finished up, we're going to have another workday next Saturday, (February
9, 2002).  We hope to enclose the stairways and do some basic wiring for
the stage area.  Once again, if we get a good turnout, it will be easy and
fun work.  We'll start at 10 a.m.

If you can make it, please let me know as I'd like to once again get a
dozen or more folks out.  Thanks again to everyone who helped out.

--sascha