[Imc] PLEASE READ: Equipment and Security

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Fri Feb 8 14:26:34 UTC 2002

The problem may well be with the door. My dad and I looked at the door
frame once, and it was my dad's opinion that the crooked door frame, not
the door, was causing the problems.

I DO often try to work at the IMC when someone else is going to be
there, or I try to bring a friend, but it's not always possible. (It's not
always desirable, either - for instance, if I need to burn a bunch of CDs
off of a computer, I should go during a non-busy time when people don't
need the computers for more important things).
I agree that it's kinda weird that the IMC should be locked up when people
are there, because the IMC is a public space and not meant as a
private one. However,  When I go to the IMC (and lock the door
behind myself), I'm not trying to keep the public out so I can have the
space as my own -- I'm being safe. I would be glad to make the space
public when I'm there, but if I'm alone I don't feel secure that
way. Therefore it's reasonable that I lock the door behind myself.

I am glad that the steering committee focus group will discuss the issue
of the door/lock at this week's meeting. I will not be able to come, but I
hope that the committee is able to work something out. Thank you for
taking my view-point into consideration.

- Sehvilla
anlyzstrlz at advancenet.net