[Imc] PLEASE READ: Equipment and Security

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Fri Feb 8 03:09:11 UTC 2002

the front door will unfortunately continue to be a problem for some time.
the lock was replaced when we first moved into the place.  so, the problem
might actually be with the door frame.  we ARE investigating other
possibilities.  until then, for people who don't feel safe there when they
are alone probably should consider trying to work there when an imc
staffer is there, or get friends in there, if possible.  it's kinda weird
to begin with that someone would lock themselves in the imc to do work.
an intent of the imc is to be a community space, as opposed to people's
private space.  theoretically, when someone is there working, then the imc
should be considered opened (keys aren't given out for private usage of
the imc, usually).

thanks for the input. it will be carried to the sunday steering focus
group, of which you are more than welcomed to attend and speak up on this
as well.

brian