[Imc] PLEASE READ: Equipment and Security

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Fri Feb 8 02:02:26 UTC 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Paul Kotheimer wrote:

> Hi, IMC-sta's
>
> I'd like to ask that, if we're thinking about security, we visit again
> the issue of a front door that's LOCKABLE FROM THE INSIDE!!!!

I would like to second the call for a door that locks from the inside -
it's way overdue. It's not only a problem at night - if the IMC is
deserted and I'm sitting in the production room working on something and
the door is unlocked, I don't feel safe any time of the day, and if IMC
members don't feel safe in the IMC without a door that locks from the
inside, then the lock should be replaced as soon as possible. Until then,
people will keep peeling the duct tape off the broken lock.

When the new lock is installed, I would be glad to come help somehow, if
that would help.

Sehvilla