[Imc] IMPORTANT PRECEDENT -- Swiss IMC lawsuit:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 11 17:13:09 UTC 2002

Several people wanted more information on the IMC Switzerland lawsuit
before making a decision whether to support IMC Switzerland.  Below is a
translation of the Swiss IMC statement.  The URL has links to relevant
information (which is in its original language).  It's taken me some time
to track down the original comic that led to the lawsuit (translating
German is not my strongsuite), but here it is:

http://switzerland.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=8075&group=webcast
(the text on the comic's sign roughly translates as "entry of the jews
into residence is forbidden" -- but my german is not very good)

Links to other comics in the series clearly demonstrate the intent of the
author to critique current Israeli policies dealing with Palestinians and
to parallel current Israeli practices with the historical oppression of
other minority groups.

I hope that we can quickly come to resolution on this issue and support
the Swiss IMC ASAP.  Please also feel free to post your support on the
Swiss IMC website (switzerland.indymedia.org).

--Sascha

*************************************
Other comics in the series:

#1 - Black people after U.S. Civil War
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/kkk.gif

#2 - South-African black people in apartheid days
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/waap2.gif

#3 - South-Vietnamese civilians during Vietnam War
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/waap3.gif

#4 - Tibetans under Chinese rule
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/waap4.gif

#5 - Native Americans facing U.S. Cavalry
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/waap5.gif

#6 - Natives from Chiapas facing Mexican troops
http://www.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/waap6.gif

From:
https://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/imc-europe/2002-February/000669.html

[Imc-europe] Statement by Indymedia Switzerland regarding the lawsuit
against it savanne at savanne.ch savanne at savanne.ch Wed, 6 Feb 2002
22:54:06 GMT