[Imc] Info on IMC Switzerland

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 11 17:27:21 UTC 2002

As brought up at Steering this week, IMC Switzerland is being harassed by a
Swiss NGO named "Action of Children from Holocaust" over a political
cartoon posted to their site:
http://switzerland.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=8075&group=webcast

The group says this cartoon is anti-Semitic.  It's part of a series called
"We are all Palestinian" by a Brazilian artist named Latuff who posted
several cartoons to the U-C IMC, too.

All the Info at the Swiss IMC is in German, as far as I can tell, so I'm
still trying to get more details in English.

Sascha brought a request to Steering from the Swiss IMC for letters of
support from us to be posted to their newswire.  Becuase I didn't know
about the request before the meeting and I asked for more info and
clarification which I'm searching for now.  Please post anything you know
or find.

I also suggested that individual IMC members/volunteers can write their own
postings and so could any other working groups.

--Paul