[Imc] IMC (and FRONT DOOR) Improvements Update:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 16 23:52:29 UTC 2002

Today we had a small but dedicated turnout to continue work on the
Back-Back room.  We made an emergency Menards run and we able to wire the
space and tape and plaster the drywall.  We really need a good turnout
next Saturday (February 23) to finish up the space in time for the 2002
Indie Music Festival, so please come if you are free.

I also installed a wireless doorbell and have rigged up a system whereby
the front door can be secured from the inside.  I am showing people how to
use the system and it is quite secure from the outside.  If people have
further questions, comments, or concerns about this issue, please bring
them to either the Steering Group (which meets every Sunday at noon, the
Space working group (which meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month),
or contact me via e-mail if you cannot make either of these meetings.

I hope that the system I installed today will address the multiple
concerns that people have raised; and that everyone involved understands
that this is an ad hoc solution that will be more permanently addressed
when the building is revamped by the landlords.

Thanks for reading,

--Sascha