[Imc] Re: [Imc-info] More re Larrabee- sorry about the length.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 18 16:40:28 UTC 2002

Hi Mark,

The Urbana-Champaign IMC has contacted Mr. Larrabee on several occasions
in an attempt to work out a mutually agreed upon solution to the problem
of his postings and his disregard for our web use policies.  Given his
recent blantant commercial postings that again break the agreement that
his organization made with us, the Urbana-Champaign IMC Steering Group
decided by consensus to hide all future posts made by him or his
organization.

This decision was arrived at after several months of debate and multiple
offers to work with him, and only after many instances where Mr. Larrabee
demonstrated an unwillingness to abide by agreements he himself made with
our organization.  It is unfortunate that this is the outcome, however, it
is also important that users of our website abide by our web-use policies
in order to protect the open-publishing commons.

If other IMCs would benefit from learning about how our process leading up
to this decision worked, let me know.

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC