[Imc] Italy IMC Raided:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 20 17:45:28 UTC 2002

Hello everyone,

As some of you have probably already heard, the Italy IMC was raided this
morning.  ML posted a story locally with links to more information:
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=4129&group=webcast

This sets a serious precedent for hostile police action against IMCs, not
for breaking any laws, but rather for collecting information that might be
useful to police.  Since the information is all available over the
internet, these actions can only be constued as intended to harass the
Italy IMC.  Given that first IMC Switzerland, and now Italy IMC are now in
need of legal assistance, I feel that it would be prudent for us to seek
an organization or legal team that would be willing to do pro-bono work
for the UCIMC.

If you have any local connections, or know of options we can investigate,
please follow up with them now, or contact me.

Thanks,

--Sascha